“Spring is the time of plans and projects.” - Leo Tolstoy. If you’re like me, every spring you want to open your windows and clean out the cobwebs so that your home looks its best.
Here are 3 home improvement tips for spring in Gainesville so that your home looks as good as new.
1. Go Through A Spring Checkup For Safety And Energy Efficiency
Spring is the perfect time to ensure all of your home’s systems are working properly for the summer. Homeowners in Gainesville should inspect these things every spring:
- HVAC System. Test out your air conditioning system to ensure that it’s ready for summer. Increase your HVAC system’s energy efficiency by changing your air conditioning and furnace filters. Local HVAC companies may offer this service for a small cost.
- Smoke Detectors. Test your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms to keep your family and home safe. Put fresh batteries in your alarms each spring and fall.
- Caulking and Windows. Check the caulking around windows, doors, and kitchen and bathroom fixtures for leaks or cracks. Repair the caulking as you go. Put in window treatments, such as plantation shutters, to increase the energy efficiency of your windows. Open and close all your windows to ensure that they can move freely.
2. Give Your House A Deep Clean So That It Shines
If you want to see your house really shine, give it a deep clean. Start by decluttering each room to open up the area. Next, clean anything you don’t scrub regularly such as ceiling fans, floors, baseboards, and kitchen and bathrooms walls. Wipe your fixtures to give them a shine. Move your furniture to clean under and behind it and then vacuum your furniture as well.
Bring in more light by cleaning your windows. Scrub your windows and screens to remove dirt and smudges. Wipe down your shutters, and clean your shades and draperies. You can clean your blinds with an ultrasonic cleaning treatment.
3. Redecorate Your Rooms For A Fresh Look
After you’re done with deep cleaning, you’re ready for the fun part: redecorating.
An easy way to redecorate your home is to start with what you have. Rearrange the furniture to update the room’s look. You can also shop your home, which means switching out the items you already have between rooms. Bring in more color with colorful accessories, new paint, and live plants.
If you want to completely redo the look of a room, then check out our idea gallery for ideas and inspiration. It’s packed with photos of stunning rooms and window treatments for every space in your home. Once you’ve picked a color scheme and style for your room, you can bring in coordinating furniture, artwork, and accessories.
A simple update for your home is to add window treatments that match yourcurrent décor and freshen up your rooms. You can select from a range of shutters including plantation shutters, barn door shutters, and reclaimed wood shutters. We also offer blinds and shades.
Find More Design Tips
If you are looking for more ideas for your home, explore our design tips. And if you discover a look and window treatment that you want for your home, give us a call at 813-602-5966 or fill out the form below to schedule a free in-home consultation. Our experts will help you choose the perfect window treatment to give your home a beautiful, fresh look this spring.